Thursday, June 11, 2009

Patty and Tim-Married-Stamford, CT/New Rochelle, NY

It's no secret that I LOVE to shoot weddings.  I also love teaming up with other awesome photographers.  It's so fun to see and experience different shooting styles and techniques.  I had an amazing time shooting with my friends and the oh so talented duo, Candace and Josh Jeffery of Candace Jeffery Photography.  It was a great pleasure to meet Patty and Tim, their friends and family.  The day started out in Stamford, CT. with the girls.  I can't tell you how excited I was to see the fabulously talented Naomi Martinez working make-up on the girls.

Here Naomi is giving a final touch up to Patty's Lip Gloss.
What's a Val wedding post without a shoe shot.  Gotta have a fun shoe shot!  When I saw this safe in the room where the bride was getting ready; I saw this in my head.  I had to bring to life, especially with the way the light was coming in.

Patty as she's changing into her beautiful gown.
It was an emotional moment for Patty's grandmother and father to see her in her gown for the first time.  I love that her father is capturing the moment with a Canon :-)
Beautiful Bride, Patty.


Yep, chipmunk on crack excited about the flare and how it made her veil just glow.
The stone bridge at Binney Park in Greenwich and colors were beautiful of course I couldn't help but to "Valerize" this image.
The Fountain Head in New Rochelle, NY  was amazingly beautiful and the details amazing!
I loved the lightening by Jimmy Dee Productions.  I adjusted my settings, no flash to capture the moment.
More fun candids during the reception.

Father and daughter dance.  Yeah it brought tears to my eyes.

The shot above and below are the most powerful of the night.  Tragically Tim's family was killed in a horrific car accident.  Patty's mother danced the mother/son dance with Tim.  There was not a dry eye in the room.  Including mine. 
Thanks so much Candace and Josh for having me along it was a blast!  Thanks to Patty, Tim and family for welcoming me along as well.  

Be sure to check out Candace's documentation of this day part1, part2, part3 & part4

16 comments:

ARMIN said...

Nice to have some serious lighting going on to your advantage! Good stuff!

Wayne Toshikazu said...

Nice work, Val! Lovin' that outdoor light.

Candace Jeffery Photography said...

It was awesome to experience the "chipmunk on crack" in real life! Thank you so much for coming with us, you really helped capture the whole day. Those last two shots are priceless. See you tomorrow, can't wait!

Tira J said...

These are gorgeous Val! My favorite is the sepia/bw image of the bride.

Erik Maziarz said...

nice! awesome dance floor shots!

Brianna said...

These are beautiful! I agree with Erik, great shots on the dance floor :)

Unknown said...

Val! These photos are fantastic! Really great job- the sun flare, and the overhead shot of the bride are my faves!

Vicki Souza said...

So many beutiful ones! I love the bridal portrait - that light is fantastic! Ans the shoe shot is super cool. LOVE the sun flare/sun rays shot - incredible!! Great job ; )

Vicki Souza said...

PS Jimmy Dee does fantastic lighting, huh??? Great job on those as well ; )

Travis Flynn said...

#4 and #6 are especially beautiful pictures. Gotta love the bridge reflection picture too! Great work!

Matt said...

The shot on the bridge is amazing. Love the reflection in the water.

Robert J. Trenske said...

Val you captured some really beautiful bridals and the bridge shot, um wow!! Great job on this Wedding!!

Danielle Fuller said...

Yes you did....BRING it!!!!! Awesome work Val. I love the bridal portrait and that bridge shot...with the reflection....ummm yes I'll take some more of that please! You go girl :)

eric langlois said...

Wow, Val - these are incredible!!! And what an absolutely beautiful bride!!!

cherish.photography said...

wow! stunning images!

wholesale wedding dresses said...

wholesale high low dresses
outlet high low dresses