Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Melissa & Michael - Engagement Session - Thomas Hooker Beer Brewery, CT

I love, love, love really getting to know my clients.  It just makes for a super personal experience because after all documenting our lives is personal.  In getting to know Melissa and Michael; it was clear that they were huge beer fans.  When I say huge fans Michael had me speechless on how much he knew about beer.  Val McCormick - Speechless????  Yeah, that's HUGE!!!

As soon as I found out what fans they are, I made a call to the Thomas Hooker Beer Brewery.  I was delighted to be in touch with Curt Cameron not to be confused with Growing Pains "Kirk", lol.  Curt was kind enough to set up a day that Melissa, Michael and I would have the whole place to ourselves and never forget.  Along with tastings including Watermelon Ale ;-)  Check out the fun we had below and be sure to stop by the brewery's site to check out all the happenings.  

This mural behind the bar made for some fun images.



Love the bottles.
Wheat & Rock!!!


After our session we planned to go to a second location but REALLY dark gray skies were above.  We just started shooting right outside the brewery.
Then it literally became a torrential down pour.  Thankfully Melissa and Michael trusted me and we kept shooting.
LOVE this shot of them!

Thanks again to Curt Cameron of Thomas Hooker Beer you went above and beyond.  Also to Melissa and Michael.  You guys are SO AWESOME!!! I can't wait for your beer themed wedding!  SO FUN! Hugs to you both :-)

Want to see more?  No problem check out the slide show below.

6 comments:

Enoch Photography said...

Awesome Val! Love that umbrella shot. You rocked it! //enoch

Tira J said...

A beer themed wedding, and a shoot where you can do taste testing? wowzers! Great images Val!

Kathleen Trenske said...

Way to rock the rain shots Val! Great Job :)

Robin Dini Photography said...

This is one if my favorite shoots from you! Way to kick butt girlfriend!! These are strong images. Awesome.

Christopher said...

The one with the keg is just killer. And the first one made me laugh out loud. Very cool.

Danielle Fuller said...

Great job on these Val. Looks like you guys had a blast!!!!