Friday, June 26, 2009

Jordana & Tyson

Though the forecast predicted all day stormy weather the day started out bright and sunny as can be.  Jordana and Tyson's wedding was beautiful.  The itinerary was a photographer's dream.  Jordana and Tyson opted for a first look prior to their ceremony at the site of the reception. This reception site was gorgeous it is a beautiful home/bed and breakfast of a family friend.  The views were astounding.  Jordana and Tyson allotted plenty of time prior to the ceremony for their first look and shots of the bridal party and after the ceremony for romantics.  Be sure to watch the slide show to see just a glimpse of how beautiful this wedding was.  

Jordan and Tyson had just returned from Honduras a month before the wedding.  They brought this gourd back with them.  It's pretty cool looking something special to capture their rings with.
Yeah imagine the excitement when I saw that she was wearing green shoes :-)  Yeah Val McCormick is going to have fun with that one!




Jordana taking one last look before heading out to see Tyson.

Jordana's sister and maid of honor helping her down the stairs.  I love this!
Tyson's anxious hands as he waits to lay eyes on his bride.


To see more of there first look, click play on the slide show to see how it all pans out ;-)


Bouquet, ring and shoe :-)
Ready to walk down the aisle with her father.
"The Kiss"
Now time for "Romantics"
It started to rain here but I didn't care.  I saw these doors and had this shot in my head.  It had to happen.  I love the texture here.  I thought it would really help Jordana "pop" in front of this door that seemed to have a vignette.  I placed Tyson in front of the manly dark door, lol.  I love the result!
It really started to come down and the super talented Nikki Nicole noticed this corridor that we could shoot under until the rain slowed down.  
Beautiful!
This location was gorgeous and one can really shoot all day there.  I found this cool niche near the corridor and borrowed Jordana's bouquet for a unique bouquet shot.



I caught this during the introductions right before their first dance.  There were so many images I wanted to post but it would never load for you reading this fast enough so you can catch the rest of the highlights in the slide show :-)
A super huge thank you to a great team shooter and friend Nikki Nicole.  Be sure to check her blog out for her take on things.  Also to the very special and handsome Jack McCormick for helping us out by assisting and shooting as well.  Team Work :-)



7 comments:

Vicki Souza said...

Val!! So many gorgeous images! I LOVE that mirror shot in the beginning. I also love the bridal portraits you got - especially the 6th from the bottom. Love her expression. She is one hot bride and you did a fantastic job.

Tira J said...

these are great Val! I love the shot that you "had to have"!

nikki nicole photography said...

val thanks for having me along it was so much fun!

Loon said...

Val,
Once again a wonderful wedding!
Thanks so much for showing us all these pictures. But I have one stupid question for you: have you ever posted these pics in the blog before? About a week ago I was reading your blog and already saw these pictures somewhere there. All of them. The dress and the green shoes, the bouquet shot, the doors shot and all the "romantics". And now you post all of them again as a new post. How can this be happening? I have a strong déjà vu feeling :)))

Val McCormick Photography said...

Thanks everyone :-) "Loon" I have never posted these images to my blog however, you are a friend on my facebook account you may have seen these there. It's quick and easy to upload to my facebook account and it gives my clients instant gratification to share their images with their friends and family. Meanwhile I prepare their images not just teasers for upload to pictage and prepare their slideshow for the blog. So sweet that you remember my work. I love that it has a positive impact on you :-)

Best,
Val

Enoch Photography said...

awesome work Val! you rocked it. //enoch

Robert J. Trenske said...

Love the bridals in this wedding, great job Val!