Saturday, May 24, 2008

Zoo Field Trip


Last week I volunteered to be a chaperon for my son's second grade class field trip. While there isn't a wide variety of resident animals at this zoo the kids still had a great time. I am planning on creating a memory book of the great time they had and the animals we saw and visited. The funny thing is of all the animals at the zoo they enjoyed the peacocks that were roaming around most of all. I must say; so did I. They are just so beautiful. Anyhow, here are some of the creatures I captured. My son must of said, "Mom take a picture" a million times that day; well maybe not a million but you catch my drift ;-)

Gorgeous kitty cat :-)



She looks so sad :-(

Peacocks are amazingly beautiful creatures!!!

3 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wow the shot of the peacock from the back is so radtastic!!!! how did you get so close? those bad boys run like the wind at our zoo ;) they ain't having the paparazzi. maybe it's just cali peacocks!

Val McCormick Photography said...

I think those CA peacocks are just not used to the attention since there are so many awesome critters at the zoo. This was my first time at the zoo here in CT (I am used to CA zoo's). I guess the animals would be able to handle the climate here. These guys are the main attraction. I was pretty close and quiet, I cheated a little. I shot aperture priority at 90mm and f-stop at 2.8 :-)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

whatever you gotta do to get the shot!!! it was awesome!