Monday, May 12, 2008

How do Elephants get to the Circus?

I always wondered how they can get so many animals to the circus, going from city to city. It's just one of those odd questions I always had. I finally got my answer.

I had a blast on Mother's Day. A new Backup external drive from my husband and kids along with balloons and cards, a trip to the circus front and center, followed by dinner at Chowder Pot 4. Somewhere in between we went out to the train yard to watch the elephants load into the trains. All the performers and animals travel by their very own circus train.

After the circus, we drove down to the train yard where they keep the circus train while in Hartford. I pulled out my camera and we waited for the animals to arrive, well, mainly the elephants. While I was there some of the performers dressed in civilian clothes (Thank goodness, could you imagine, lol.) came up to me and asked me about my camera and lens. They asked if I would take their picture. They were acrobats on big overblown bouncy tires in the show. There is probably a better description for their part but that's the best I can do.

If you ever wondered how to get an elephant into a train car well here you go. Oh and the talented circus performers, if you are reading this GREAT JOB see ya next year.

I'll be posting my favs from the show bookmark my page and keep checking back ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you know - THAT I would have liked to see firsthand!