Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ten Eyck Tuesdays are so ROCKIN'


I am SO PRIVILEGED to have been part of the first group for Carla Ten Eyck's Super Tuesdays!  It was an awesome day filled with instruction, coaching, persistence, determination, to achieve your vision no matter what the situation is.  We started the day taking notes what are the elements that create a great image?  Wanna know what they are......sign up for the workshop space is VERY LIMITED and will be filled quickly.  With this not being a large workshop with a shooting frenzy that you walk away wondering what you really learned; it's obvious that the workshop is one of the best choices one can make.   For the October Ten Eyck super Tuesday, Mrs. Robin Dini was our gorgeous model along with her sweet lovin' hubby Mr. Frank Dini a.k.a. "The Frankness"  


The one and only Mrs. Carla Ten Eyck rockin' Ten Eyck Colors!

I loved the idea of showing off their hands and of course their rings :-)


Yes, Val loves shooting shoes!  Especially shoes with special meaning.  Today marks Robin and Frank's 3rd Anniversary.  Robin wore the same white sneakers on her wedding day.  So I guess you can call this their anniversary shoot.  Happy Anniversary Frank and Robin!

"The Frankness"

Mrs. Robin Dini

When we walked into this cool white tunnel I immediately envisioned this shot with Frank's guitar.  I almost gave up because I just wasn't getting what I had envisioned.  Carla pushed me to keep communicating with Frank so finally with my guidance Frank positioned his fingers PERFECTLY for my shot!  THANKS CARLA and FRANK!!! :-)

These highway overpass tunnel was so cool to shoot!  My mind was all over with ideas.  Thank goodness I didn't have to wait long for my turn since there was only two others in the class.  



Here was another challenge.  High noon sun open boring park, oops did I just type that?  Well don't worry because everyone at this workshop brought it, thanks to Carla's coaching.  This is a scenario where Frank and Robin met playing volleyball.  This is how I incorporated that into the session.  

While walking to different locations I took advantage of nature and elements to shoot for texture.  I used the same texture in some of these shots.  I LOVE how it worked for the moment above.

I thought it would be fun to have Robin pull Frank towards her with her scarf in such a way that we could incorporate her ring.  They were SO MUCH FUN!!!  Hope Carla continues to find good models for these workshops ;-)

Carla set up this shot. She  was shooting directly in front of Robin.  As I was standing off on her left side I saw Robin's hair fall forward and didn't need to give catching this shot a second thought.

When we got back to the studio to begin our editing Carla's tykes (Eyck Tykes), Georgie and Jack came out of the house running so excited to see their mommy.  It was such a great feeling; one that makes you smile.  I know I don't have any shots of me with my children because I am always behind the camera so I LOVE to shoot other photographers with there families.   Above is Jack with Carla and below is Georgie.

When we got back while we were editing Carla cooked us up a MEAN Tortilla soup, beans and rice and corn muffins with a little help from her munchkin Georgie.  Everything was SO DELICIOUS!!!



I KNOW Carla has something to good to pass up for the November session so really what are you waiting for?; sign up!!!!

13 comments:

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

Val - You are an amazing person & a super photographer! Love all your images except for the last two because after leaving Carla's house I just can't stop thinking about her delicious tortilla soup and you just made me HUNGRY!! again...

I have to agree with you......Ten Eyck Tuesdays are so ROCKIN' ;O)

Christopher said...

The titled bridge shot is awesome. You can really feel the shot. All of them are great. The food, shoes etc. It was hard to pick one that I really liked.

Robin Dini Photography said...

Val...these are so wonderful. That shot of frank in the tunnel with his guitar...honestly, one of my top 5 of the day. I can't wait to show him that one again. We both were totally blown away. Let's meet for coffee soon! Do you know where the Elm Diner is near stop and shop?

E. Broderick Photography said...

LOVE THESE! Val--I had a great time shooting alongside you. And you got so many awesome shots!! Love the guitar one especially and so glad you did not give up!

E. Broderick Photography said...

Um...how could I forget to mention the shots you grabbed of Jack and Georgie lovin' their Mama. So sweet.

Tiffany said...

I totally thought I had posted a comment on this shoot~ DOH!! Sorry!
These are so fantastic~ What a great feel to every shot!! :)

carla ten eyck said...

Miss Val! You were so much fun to have around and really brought such positive energy to the day- You have such a great eye and vision, it's fun watching you talk it out with yourself while you shoot and then to see that is really going on in that brain of yours... was AWESOME!!

That guitar shot is ridiculous! Remember that shot when you get frustrated, it'll help you power through and get that shot!

thanks for catching me and my monkeys... those shots are precious

xxoo

Travis Flynn said...

Every one of these images is intriguing.

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

totally in love with these val!!

Salty Grapes said...

Oh Val... these are all amazing! I love love love them. The guitar shot is rockin'. Definitely. But man, you captured Robin and Frank's relationship so well, and I've never even met him! =) So CUTE! And the ones of Carla and her tykes? Precious.

Val McCormick Photography said...

Thanks everyone for such awesome comments and support. :-)

Tina Parsadanov said...

Beautiful beautiful BEAUTIFUL job!!! I don't know what else to say.

Unknown said...

These sessions look like so much fun! And the results you pulled from the day really speak to both your awesome talents and her adept teaching skills.

Thanks for sharing!! Totally awesome!