Monday, October 13, 2008

Carissa & Steve - Married

I had an awesome opportunity to shoot with Anthony DeCarlo last weekend and am so glad I took it.  Carissa and Steve are such a fun loving, outgoing, up for anything couple.  I am so glad to have met this couple and their wedding party.  My stomach hurt from all the laughing I did with them and their friends and family.  I started the morning by meeting up with Steve, his father and groomsmen in Meriden.  

Here is a shot of Steve as calm as can be.

A shot of Carissa's gorgeous dress.


Now, Steve was so relaxed and running on time.  We headed out of Meriden and to Branford to Make it to the church by 9:00 AM.  That plan came to a screeching halt when we realized their was a road race on the same street where the church was.  Steve remained calm as can be.

Here is Carissa's and Steve's first look at each other.

The church had such beautiful stained glass and architectural details.

One of my most favorite things to do at weddings is to grab shoe and ring shots.  I had a hard time deciding which I liked best ;-)



Beautiful fall colors adorned the Country House in East Haven where the reception/dance were held.

Carissa's dress was absolutely GORGEOUS as well as the flowers.

 A quiet moment together.






Taking time to smell the flowers. 


ADORABLE!!!

Such an entertaining and skilled DJ!

First dance.

Last dance, lol.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please don't be shy.  Say hi :-)

17 comments:

Christopher said...

The colors and lighting are great. But, the two kids (the boys kissing the girl) is awesome!

carla ten eyck said...

great stuff val!My favorite is the one with the runner and Steve- great story telling shot!!!

Erik Maziarz said...

Val these are kick a**! One of my favorite posts yet! The bride holding open the curtains, the shoes in the ray of light, the reflection ring shot, the groom at the road race, and even the detail shots are just killer! Great set!

Enoch Photography said...

Val! What a awesome wedding! Such beautiful pictures... i love them all! The one of the shoes and the beam of light... breathtaking! Way to rock it! //enoch

Mary Marantz said...

girl you were ROCKIN those details! My favorite is of the one of her holding her bouquet from the side. gorgeous!

miss you!! I need a Val hug!
xoxo
M:)

DECARLOPHOTO said...

my fav is the one of Steve looking at the runner great shot.

Robin Dini Photography said...

your details shots are incredible! love the shot with the runner in the frame. Really cool body language there :)

Bobby Earle said...

Beautiful set! For a second I thought "so she does photography AND makes pianos???" HA!

Bobby

Anonymous said...

It was so awesome seeing you today!! These are really great Val!! I LOVE the shot of the bride holding the flowers against the beautiful blue sky. I guess I agree with Mary :). Awesome job!!

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

AWESOME....I love he color in thhese shots. I agree with erik, the beam of light shoe shot is breath taking and I love the emotion these all convey. I think my fav is the bouquet though!

Eric Foley said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Val! I love those ring shots! Those vibrant colors pop right off the screen!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

val you killed!!! love all of these! especially the little girl with the bouquet. that shot is just gorgeous!

e. broderick photography said...

Val--I checked these out from work the other day but had to go before leaving a comment (darn job!) Anyay--KILLER photos. Love the ring shots. The bride's bouquet. The runner--hilarious. Just an really string set of images and you really seem to capture everything!

Unknown said...

#2 is a straight jaw dropper and those detail shots are out of this world. What fantastic work! Thanks for sharing these with the world!
Awesome work as always!
Stay happy and healthy!

Tina Parsadanov said...

Beautiful job on all of them! All of your detail shots are amazing!

Candace Jeffery Photography said...

It was great spending the day with you on Friday. Can't wait to see you again soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Val,
We absolutely LOVE the pictures! Can't wait to see the rest of them. So detailed and creative, thank you!!
Carissa and Steven Bruno