Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Matt & Lauren

I had an awesome opportunity to photograph a wedding with the spunky and overly-talented duo, Justin and Mary Marantz of Justin Marantz Photography. Their clients Lauren & Matt tied the knot at St. Theresa's Church in Trumbull, CT followed by their reception held at Grassy Hill Country Club in Orange, CT. The day started out with fierce rumbling skies and heavy rain by the time the ceremony was over the skies had cleared and sun shined as much brightly as Lauren's wedding ring.

Cheery bridesmaid bouquets.
Lauren's wedding shoes. I couldn't decide which shot I liked better so I posted both to share :-)


St. Theresa's Parish

The bride arriving. I love the detail of the umbrellas in this shot :-)
Unity candle
"I Do" The look in her eyes says it all.
The bride and groom departing the parish.


There is just something about this moment, I love it.


The sister of the bride and their birthday boy father. She was explaining to him how to take a picture with their digital camera without getting a blurry shot.
This little girl was adorable.

I added a little texture to this shot.



I just love that shade of blue.
During this shot I could hear Carla TenEyck's voice in my head. She's an awesome inspiration/coach ;-)

I love this of the bridesmaids with the bride. Mary totally set this shot up :-)
This is my favorite shot of the day.
So Val has a thing for beautiful flowers ;-)

Their DJs' were awesome! The lighting was insane!
I shot this at 24mm, 1/60s, ISO at 3200, f-stop at 2.8.


I was having too much fun with my off camera lighting. Justin reminds me of the joker here, lol.
Thank you Justin and Mary! You guys are awesome! I am looking forward to shooting for you again this Saturday! It will be a blast. Can't rain on this parade (CL) ;-)!

17 comments:

Armin DeFiesta said...

Nice details captured! So cool you're working with Mary & Justin! Good times =)

Tina Parsadanov said...

Wow! Awesome awesome job!!!!

Tiffany said...

These are FANTASTIC!!!

Robert J. Trenske said...

Nice job Val - the formal shots are great. I love the one of the little girl too.

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

Hi Val. You are so talented, they all are great images. :)

Shellee Draper said...

Val, Hey I just ran across this through another blog and I just loved it. Stunning ceremony shots and gorgeous light! Great visiting your site! I'll have to come back and see it again!

Hanssie said...

AWESOME! I love the shots where you were so creative with the light.

Wayne Toshikazu said...

Great work, Val! Justin and Mary are awesome, and it's so cool that you're shooting with them! :-)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

girlie you out did yourself!!! love both shoe shots!!! all around killed it!! have a killer weekend my friend!!

kymberli q. said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, Val! I'll be checking out the rest of your blog this weekend, but I gotta say - great job on this wedding!! I LOVE the shoe shot and the shoes/LOVE shot!! I also LOVE the ones of them in the church! Awesome!

Christopher said...

Hey, thanks for coming by my blog. And yes, I was in NYC last Friday. If you were in Grand Central @ 10:30 in the AM, we were there together. Very funny!

These are some great shots. I love some of the detail and fun of the shots. I will be back.

Unknown said...

Wow, great photos. I love the choices in post processing! Great work! You're an amazing photographer. Don't stop shooting!

Brody

Melissa said...

I love the shoes on top of the word "love"! That was great.

Cathy and David Photography said...

Loving the room with the purple ceiling. :)

carla ten eyck said...

giiiirrrrllllll...!!!!! You TORE this shoot UP!!

Great shots, all around! I am glad I was haunting you.... keep your fanny in LINE, sister!! Make the shot HAPPEN!!

LOL

Great, great stuff!

Can't wait to see you next week!!

-C

Aimee Thomas Oswalt said...

Awesome Shots Val!!! Great Job!

Unknown said...

Pretty pleased seeing this lustrous photography. Went for a wedding party of my colleague and really was surprised to see the vintage interior of superb venues in Los Angeles last week. Buffet dinner was arranged with all Thai, continental, Italian and Chinese dishes. Drinks and cup cakes were also of high quality.