Thursday, July 31, 2008

CT PUG Retreat, fun, fun, fun :-)

Well, as some of you may noticed (Dave & Kimi Baxter); I have been a bit behind with the posting. I have another post in the works hopefully I can get the other up by Sunday. I really apologize to those who have been waiting to see something different. I was lucky enough to spend Monday and Tuesday at a CT PUG retreat in the Berkshires hosted by Amanda of Orchard Cove Photography. It was such an awesome experience! I learned so much and finally met some of my photographer blog buddies. I hope to meet all you of blog friends one day. I took plenty of pictures while I was there. Here are just a few to share :-)


Miss Julia of Salty Grapes Photography; she is such a sweetheart :-) What a beautiful smile.

Joy Moody, who came all the way from Philly! Nice to see you again , girlfriend :-)



The talented Nikki Nicole, so fun to be around :-), Check out Amanda in the background. Can't wait to take part in an awesome project Nikki is coordinating. Stay tuned for that :-)

One of the many sweet couples I've come to know and love. Mary and Justin Marantz; How cute are they in the morning with coordinating pj's :-)


Justin coming in from kayaking around the Lake.


My girl Krystal, who I thought was coming in but went out for another round. You go girl!!! I've got some more great shots of Krystal and Paul of StudioFoto, stay tuned for that, too.


Mother nature in the lake house gardens.Let's take a closer look :-)



I'm not sure I have ever seen a butterfly's face.Butterfly's are a sign of new life :-)


A little Yoga to refresh.
Beautiful Mary.
Holy Moly, Mary has the Midas touch!
So I may have gotten carried away with the sun flares ;-) I hated to leave. I think I had a smile on my face the entire visit. So did Cooper Marantz, that little smiley doggy face is so doggone cute; no pun intended :-P

17 comments:

Travis Flynn said...

Ha-- I'm glad someone captured Mary + Justin w/ their mazin' outfits. How often do two people wear the same shade of yellow by chance? Cooper shot is great too. What a photogenic family!

Salty Grapes said...

Oh my gosh... here I was going to comment on m big goofy mug up top, but Cooper's just gave me the giggles! =) I didn't get a single shot of him, and I'm the dog nut!!!!

Your photos are GORGEOUS Val. And it was SO wonderful meeting you and spending time getting to know you. =) I'm so looking forward to the next one already! - Julia (yes, I am me!!! Hee hee...)

cassandra-m said...

Oooohhhh, I have so many favorites. Of course the smiling doggie is #1...ha.ha. But i really liked the bees & butterflies...they almost do not look real. WOW what vibrant colors and detail. sweeet. And the yoga pic where the girl's arms are spread out, well that looks like an ad for yoga. good job. these are all amazing and looks like you guys had a BLAST.

Joy Moody Photography said...

So nice getting to know you better Val. Keep up the good work and best of luck with your new renovations!

E. Broderick Photography said...

So many great images here! The ones of the garden are amazing! They really do look almost fake! It was so great to finally meet you in person. Hope to see you again soon.

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

AWESOME shots Val....Love them all!!!! Looks like it was a great time. Sucks I had to miss out!

Aimee Thomas Oswalt said...

Hey Val!
It was so nice meet you! Your butterfly pictures are amazing and that Cooper shot is so cute, he looks so happy!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

now we're talkin!! ;) love the 3rd shot! and of course the doggie shot is my fav!!!! i swear you can see their personalities in some pics for sure!

Unknown said...

hey there - those insect close-ups are really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

donde estas?

Amanda Harris said...

Beautiful pictures - love the ones of Nikki and Cooper especially. So glad you could come!!

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo jealous. I wish I was there!

carla ten eyck said...

yeah, we had us a good ole time didn't we Miss Val? ;)

What happens in the Berkshires, stays in the Berkshires!! LOL

See you on Thursday I hope!!

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

I love the last one. It makes me want to buy a dog :)

Robert J. Trenske said...

Hey Val, these are great shots, we wish we could have been there, it looked like it was a great time!!

Anonymous said...

Val, it was so great to meet you. And I can't wait to work with you for our Chick Pix. You have a great eye and a calming way about you. It is going to be a blast.
See ya soon.

Unknown said...

Awesome shot of cooper!
Looks like you all had a sweet time at the PUG retreat! Hope you all got the refreshing weekend you needed to reset and prepare for another year of shootin'!
Onward and Upward!
Brody