Monday, August 11, 2008

I Shoot People in NYC!!!

Last Friday I ran and hopped onto the commuter train to NY. When I say I ran and hopped I mean it.  I  took the train into NY Grand Central Station and the subway to Madison Square Garden to attend the I Shoot People Tour Seminar put on by Sallee Photography out of Dallas, TX. I love learning new techniques and listening to ideas from other photographers. While I was there I was so happy to see my girl Tina Parsadanov and her husband made it out to the Seminar too. We shared a quick dinner break together before going back for some more brain candy. By the end of the night (or should I say, next morning) Claudia and I were exhausted but it was well worth the trip.

BTW, #31 of my 101 goals in 1001 days is to Shoot in NYC. I am not sure I am fully satisfied with checking off this goal but is fun to say I've done it :-)

Tina Parasadanov hamming up on our way to Dinner.


Superstar Claudia in this cool mirrored nook in a hallway of the Pennsylvania Hotel.

This was at the end of the night at Grand Central Station. It was so cool how I caught someone's flash in this shot.


Claudia shot this of me in another cool nook of another hallway. Security busted us after this shot because she was standing in the window sill to get it. Hey a good photographer does anything for the shot ;-)

I cropped in on this one. I just thought it was pretty cool. Claudia shot this when she told me to take the pony tail holder out of my hair.


Classic NYC shot ;-) I had to have something with the yellow cabs in the background.

7 comments:

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

Picture # 3 ... my favorite one. wow! She is gorgeous :)

Robert J. Trenske said...

Fun shots Val and I bet you enjoyed the "I Shoot People Tour". Kathleen and I saw the Sallee's talk both at WPPI in Vegas and at PPA in Tampa and they were very inspiring.

Tina Parsadanov said...

Hahaha! We really had a great time and it was so great to see you guys there!!! Let's do this again!

Val McCormick Photography said...

Tina you can help me reach #31 goal :-) Oh yeah and goal #47 find some new trendy clothes. Two possums with one rock! ;-) Let's plan on it!

Tina Parsadanov said...

Totally, let's make a date and head to the city! It's a 2 hour drive (when I'm driving) hehe.

E. Broderick Photography said...

Oh, fun! Glad you had a good time. Love the shot of Tina's smile--ain't she cute?

Melanie Watson said...

How was the I Shoot People Tour??? I am going on Friday down here in Jacksonville. Love all the photos... you girls are too cute. :)