Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A note from My little brother; Michael

Click here to find out more about what my little brother Michael is gearing up for.  

Thanks,

Val :-)

Racing to Save Lives


Dear Friends & Family,


Without a doubt, I am getting ready for one of the most fun challenges of my life. On September 12, 2009, I will be racing in an Olympic distance triathlon in Pacific Grove, CA! That's a .9 mile swim, 24.8 mile bike ride, and 6.1 mile run, and yes all in one day. Luckily, I am not doing this on my own. I have joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. Through this program, I have great coaches, mentors and teammates whose support will help me cross the finish line.


More importantly even than my physical commitment to the program is my commitment to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in its effort to battle Leukemia and related cancers. These diseases strike some 107,000 Americans each year and acute leukemia is the number one cause of death of children under the age of 15.


One of the greatest contributions of the Society is toward research. Significant progress has been made in the treatment of this disease, and researchers are now optimistic that they will find a cure within 6 years!


I am not only competing in this race for the Society, but also in honor Esther Fluke, a Baby Boomer and a mother of three girls and two grandchildren. Esther was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in June 2005, along with fighting T-Cell Lymphoma, which was found in 1992.


Research is the key to finding a cure, and funding for this research is essential. I have set a personal goal to raise $3,200 toward this effort.


As I compete in this Olympic distance triathlon, you will be with me in spirit, and your sponsorship will inspire me to train harder and faster to the finish line. Whatever you can do to contribute matters it all adds up! With over 75% of your donation going directly to research, you truly can make a difference.


Please send your donation along with the enclosed pledge form by June 19th so I can monitor my fundraising efforts.


Thank you so much for your support and generosity!


Michael Burnias


FOR EVERY COMMENT LEFT SUPPORTING MY BROTHER MICHAEL; VAL MCCORMICK PHOTOGRAPHY WILL DONATE $1.00 PER COMMENT!!!  HOW MANY COMMENTS WILL WE REACH? (One comment per person ;-)  )

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a great cause- I hope you reach your goal!

Krystyna Boudle said...

Im getting married today and guess who my photographer issssss????!?!?!?!?!

E. Broderick Photography said...

Good for your brother! I admire his commitment and wish him luck!