Saturday, May 23, 2009

Please accept my apologies

*UPDATE: The spot seen is believed to be benign. The doc feels that with Jan's frail state it is too risky to biopsy it. She will have another scan next month. Our hopes are that this tumor will stay the same and not continue to grow. Under normal circumstances it would be removed by surgery. The MD does not feel she will withstand surgery. Please keep her in your prayers. The power of prayer, good hopes and positive vibes is so powerful. Thanks so much.

Just a little note to all of my friends, colleagues and clients. The last two weeks have been filled with out of the ordinary surprises. Not that happy kind of surprise. The kind of surprise that is defined by the unexpected. I have had trouble sleeping, have been having random bouts of crying but then I bounce right back because I realize all the positive things I have in life. Best of all YOU! My supportive family, my friends and my awesome clients turned friends. I would hate for any one of you to ever feel that your not important to me.

Let me share with you someone VERY special in our lives, Janet. Janet is my husband Jack's Aunt technically; but in reality she is his mother. You see when Jack was a toddler his mother unfortunately lost a battle to MS. Jack's father was left to raise his two children alone. Working nights made this nearly impossible so Jack's two aunts stepped in to help raise him. The family suffered another loss this time to cancer leaving only Aunt Janet to raise Jack. She basically dedicated all of her time to raising my husband. Never marrying or having any children of her own. Jack is her son.

Janet is the most kind and caring person you will ever meet. Anyone that has had the pleasure of meeting her could tell you what a kind gentle spirit she is. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mother in law. Janet has not been herself lately. This Tuesday the day started with a visit to her doctor. During the visit this nagging won't go away cough was mentioned. After having an chest X-ray the doctor called with concerning news. A spot was seen on one of her lungs that was not there on previous X-rays. After of series of events she had a CAT scan today. We will not hear the results until Tuesday.

As I type this I can't help to think what will we do without her? I pray that it is something very simple, something that can be fixed. I believe in the power of prayer, in positive energy, in good vibes whatever it is you can send our way would be TRULY appreciated. I am so thankful for all you.


Janet with my youngest Aedan.

11 comments:

Vicki Souza said...

Oh Val! I am so sorry to hear about all of this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Hang in there! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. xoxo, Vicki

Jennifer Quinn said...

Hope everything is ok Val! Best to you and your family

Erik Maziarz said...

hoping for the best and thinking of you all . . .

ohana photographers said...

so sorry to hear this val. we will keep her and your family in our prayers.

Christopher said...

Val, what a post. While sad, a smile came to my face as I thought about the happiness she has brought to Jack and your kids.

She will be in my thoughts!

Autumn said...

So sorry to hear this, Val... I hope that the test results came back and show no reason for concern... HUGS!

Robert J. Trenske said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with her (and you)!

Brianna said...

Thinking of all of you

Danielle Fuller said...

Val,

I'm hoping Janet starts to feel better and this is nothing more than something minor. Janet and all of you will be in mythoughts. Don't hestitate to call if you need to talk : )

Robin Dini Photography said...

Positive chi from the Dinis is coming your way :)

E. Broderick Photography said...

Oh, Val--I am so sorry to read this. I am relieved by the update that they think the spot is benign but understand that this is still a difficult struggle. I will be praying for you all. I love the photo of her holding your son. She is so beautiful. She has a special radiance about her...