Monday, January 18, 2010

Brianna & Jason - Engagement Session - Wickham Park

I'm sure everyone has a moment or a brief period in their lifetime that they remember being overcome by that giddy, restless and overwhelming feeling of puppy love. When so privileged as to be infatuated with someone that the world brightens around you at the mere memory of their tentative first words and shy smiles. Perhaps not everyone becomes as excitable as I did in the days following our chance encounter at the local Home Depot, with the idea of wiping the unintentional smile off my face laughable and the long hours at work somehow shortened by the anticipation of Jason's first phone call, but I can't imagine this kind of feeling being anything but splendid and I truly hope that each of you are able to envision it as vividly as I do.

I needed to build a dog house for Scampi. With the help of my father, I found that what I lacked were a couple pints of weatherproof paint (color later decided upon as a forest green that was in actuality much too bright to blend in with the deep woods of Ashford) and most of a roof's number of charcoal shingles. Thus, late-morning on a Sunday in July, I found myself wandering the tall aisles of the Home Depot in Windham, CT, swinging a can of paint and a can of white outdoor primer from one arm and wondering how I was going to hoist the awkward package of shingles onto my shoulder without making a fool of myself.

Cue Jason.

It was amazing. I turned out of the lamp aisle where I had been wasting time, too embarrassed to ask for help with the parcel one row down from where I was pretending to be interested in a horrendous ceiling hanging that gave off a rather garish yellow glow, and saw a familiar figure silhouetted in the sunshine pouring in through the automatic sliding doorway of the store. Was I ever glad to see him! From his fiendishly handsome grin (that didn't disappear from the moment he recognized me) to his generously formed biceps that so easily placed my shingles into the cart, I could not have been more excited to find myself in a situation where I had an excuse to rekindle our easy camaraderie.

Five days and a Scampi/Tia dog walk later, I was sold. Conversations of hours upon hours flew by like minutes, the more I learned, the more I fell in love with not only his charm and his good looks, but his noble way of treating the world and the beautiful way in which he lives each day. Now, years later, I find myself endlessly moved by the same incredible man, one who I have been both challenged and inspired by as our lives now continue on together, one who has miraculously turned out to be my best friend and the love of my life.

Here’s to you and I, Jason, and to all those who have made us who we are. For the beautiful history we now have together and for all the dog walks yet to come.

-Brianna

Isn't her hair amazing! Brianna scheduled her hair and make-up trial on the day of the engagement session. Something I highly recommend my clients to do. Make-up by Janice and Hair by Tonya both of Naomi Martinez Salon.


I love the play by play here. Watch Jason's expressions, lol.


Yes, I did a happy dance! The light was just beautiful! I am always chasing light ;-)
Enjoy your slide show Brianna and Jason! Congratulations!

Please be patient as the slide show loads :-)


21 comments:

BeyondTheLens said...

I love the light in these Val...a very special meeting story as well.

Krystyna said...

Val,
you are so talented, these photos as spectacular. you are soo talented.What fabulous lighting!!! and I really love her hair!amazing couple!so beautiful xoxoxo Krystyna

Jason Demers said...

Val!
Well done, very exciting to see more! What a great day at Wickham park we had, Thanks again.
Jason

Kim Johansen said...

Wow, really great pictures. Her eyes make the pictures pop they are so intense. Great presentation of their story.
kim

Brianna said...

What a handsome husband I have!!! Thanks for capturing so many special moments, Val. Looking forward to seeing more from the wedding. :) ~Bri

Brianna said...

Oh, and the hair was actually done by Tonya of Naomi's studio - but yes, it was very pretty!

Divine Images said...

Wonderful work Val.

Anonymous said...

Love these shots and the subjects are beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG Bri, you're gorgeous! Congrats and thanks for posting these Val. You are very talented.

Sharon O said...

These are excellent... I really enjoyed the frame by frame shot.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful pictures, They really capture how in love the two of you are! ~ Jocelyn

Anonymous said...

Dead sexy! I love the part about Jae's massive biceps...what a hunk of burnin' love! - Chris

Anonymous said...

great couple,hard to take a bad picture with such good subjects

Anonymous said...

what a dazzling aray of photos, beutiful couple and the background and light are all great.

steve said...

Your photos are beautiful, nice light,great subjects, cant miss. Would like to see more -

kath said...

wonderful photos...looking forward to seeing the wedding pictures...such a beautiful bride

Anonymous said...

Paul and I thought these were such beautiful photos. The poses are great, more like un poses really. Love the casualness of it all! Not too hard making them look so great, though. Great job!
Christina

Nellie said...

Wow! I wish I had seen Val's work before I hired my own wedding photographer... this pics are incredible! They look like advertisements for a college campus or something. ~Nellie

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the wedding pics! These shots are great.

Marc said...

So beautiful. Great job Val!

eric langlois said...

holy shiznit, what a gorgeous couple! serious, hot couple envy over here :)