Friday, November 14, 2008

Melissa & Marty - Married - Lighthouse Point, New Haven, CT

When Jay Fleming of Fleming Portrait Design contacted me on helping him out with a family member's wedding at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven I was more than honored.  It's difficult when your a guest and a photographer to enjoy yourself as the guest so to help ease the tension Laura Landau and I pitched in.  

Melissa and Marty are such a great couple.  Marty should have actually been named Jack because he is literally a "Jack of all trades"  He and Melissa coordinated the wedding themselves!  What a beautiful job they did. 


Being that there were two other photographers besides myself; gave me the flexible to play with my settings during the ceremony and spot meter for different areas to get such different outcomes with my images.  The sun was setting, the sky was gorgeous and there was so much love in the air.  Really there was........:-)  Enjoy















I love the sunset and love...what a great combination!!!




Check out the gorgeous details!!!!








What a beautiful moment!

As alway I had a difficult time choosing my favorite ring shot.  I would love to see who can figure where all these ring shots were taken.  Show me some blog love with an answer and I will announce and send out a prize to a lucky winner :-)






Thanks Jay for thinking of me to help you out with this :-)  Thanks Marty and Melissa and congratulations!

18 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

these are awesome val. really really beautiful.

Travis Flynn said...

Very elegant look to the reception shots. Nice work!

Erik Maziarz said...

SWEET photos Val! Amazing light and color!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

loove that second shot val!!

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

Love your detail shots here Val...Awesome job! I can't believe there was a carosel!!!

daria said...

hi val!!
these are all creative + beautiful!
thank you for the warm fuzzies!
xo

Eric Foley said...

WOW Val, I'm completely blown away by all of these! This is an awesome set, very sweet! Love the shoes!

Anonymous said...

Love that second shot of the sheet music - so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gotta love sunset ceremonies =) Awesome detail shots Val!

Mary Marantz said...

Gorgeous stuff lady!! Hope you guys have an awesome Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Val, I really love this post, really beautiful job on all of the details.

Deidre Lynn said...

Beautiful reception! Great job!

kymberli q. said...

I have to put this on my reader!!!! I keep forgetting! Holy smokes!!!!! These shots are amazing! Especially the first two...just incredibly gorgeous. Love the ring shot where it's on that little guys sword or whatever! Too cute!

kymberli q. said...

Oh and the shoe shot! AWESOME!

Read and See said...

The middle ring shot is inside one of the carousel horses mouths, right? The bottom one looks like it's also part of the carousel, though I don't know where there'd be a guy with a hand there...

Tina Parsadanov said...

Love the colors in these photos! Beautiful job and beautiful wedding!

Tina Parsadanov said...

Love the colors in these photos! Beautiful job and beautiful wedding!

Mia's Mom said...

If George and I ever get to have our wedding I want it to be just like this. You have a way of making everything so magical. I have waited almost 10 years for a wedding.....Maybe when we celebrate our 25th anniversary...