Friday, September 18, 2009

Jennifer & Robert- Engagement Session- Amherst, MA

Jennifer and Robert are such a sweet couple.  After reading their Get to know you, I thought it would be so cool to shoot their e-session at the very place that started their "Once upon a time"  I was elated when Jennifer e-mailed me and asked if we could shoot it their as well.  PERFECT!  It was a misty day when we arrived.  Showers were coming but that was stopping us. 

Love the texture of this door and for good measure, I layered in some more texture ;-P
Now this door is a VERY SPECIAL door.  This is the door that takes you into North Hall.  This is where they met as they were both assigned dorm rooms in this building.  So in a nutshell; this was THEIR building.  This is where it all began ;-)
Across from their building I spotted this cool red hot fire hydrant.  What a beautiful contrast to the blue!


In this questionnaire I give to my couples to fill so I can get to know them a little better.  They mentioned how they love scrabble.  So I made sure to tell them to bring their scrabble game along with them.  Their names worked out awesomely!  Check out their ring shot!
So by the end of out session the misty drops became heavier and thicker.  I asked if they knew of any tunnels or walkthoughs that we could take cover in.  Rob remembered this tunnel in one of the bike trails.  So cool and white.  I love the shots we got in here. 
Thanks for showing me around the campus Jen & Rob.  I can't wait for you wedding.  The paella sounds delicious!


10 comments:

BeyondTheLens said...

Love that tunnel shot Val..and the scrabble board...way to think out of the box. I think the first one is my fav though, simple but powerful.....rock it sister girl!!!!

{Nicole Benitez Photography} said...

Love these all! The ring shot is pretty fantastic. Love it.

Katie Slater Photography said...

These are awesome Val!! You are doing so great! I love the scrabble board ring shots - so cute! p.s. - i owe you a bag of sun chips...

Joanne said...

Love the hydrant shot and the door....I want that door! Beautiful!!! I can spend the next few hours looking at your blog...its so well done!

nikki nicole photography said...

love love love the one on the stairs!!!!!! Brinner was fun!

Brianna Phelan said...

Love the tunnel shot! :)

Cathy Crawley said...

Sorry, I am finding it very hard to get past that fabulous door shot! Love the tunnel one too though ;)

Vicki Souza said...

COol door shot - love the scrabble one. SO adorable!

eric langlois said...

Love that shot in the tunnel - way to rock it Val!!!!

e. broderick photography said...

I LOVE the door. Yum. And the scrabble ring shots are perfect. You have such good ideas!