Monday, March 23, 2009

Beautiful Baby Olivia


Before formal introductions to Olivia.  I've noticed that I receive quite a bit of visitors and I often wonder who visits my blog.  So if you would be so kind to say "Hi" I would love to hear from you.  Also tell me what is your favorite shot from this post along with your introduction; I will be drawing a WINNER at random from the commenters leaving a comment on this post no later than Friday, March 27, 2009.  Winner will be announced on Saturday March 28, 2009 .  I will be giving away cool prizes so you don't want to miss out on this ;-)  So now on with the guest of honor of this blog post....Olivia.

Meet beautiful Olivia who was introduced to life in Connecticut on February 19, 2009.  I absolutely LOVE newborns. Since I have all boys, I get all giddy around baby girls. To tell you the truth it kind of gives me the bug to be around newborn girls but then I remind myself it's 50/50 ;-) Anywho.....at four weeks old she was all about working the camera.

Actually it really looks like I posed her that way but she just happened to pull her arm up.  Baby's are so advanced these days. 
Tip for photographers or mommy's wanting a shot like this.  Use a surface that can be warmed up.  I held the charger up to a portable heater to warm up the surface.  Baby's HATE anything cold.  Unless my client owns a portable heater; I will bring my own.
I LOVE this shot!  The first thing Erica (Mommy)  and Frank (Daddy) bought for Olivia when Erica found out she was pregnant was a HUGE duck.  So the "Yellow Duck" became a meaningful character for Olivia.  This is actually a puppet that Frank placed next to Olivia.   As I was checking my camera settings and checking for exposure Olivia Yawned and this was the outcome.  
Sound asleep against Daddy's shoulder.


Newborn's flakes and creases.  Something a mother would never want to forget.
She is so PRECIOUS!!!


The love for daddy's little girl was SO apparent.  I love how Frank had different methods of calming Olivia and Erica's expression.
Another one of my favs!

Thanks for everything and introducing me to Baby Olivia.  Enjoy the show :-)

19 comments:

kymberli q. said...

Well, you know me, Val. :) But I have to say I love, love, love the duck shot! That is adorable and if I were the parents, I'd get it blown up on canvas and hang it in her room! It's just adorable! I love the one of her on the platter too. So cute! All of them are great images though - the parents will be soooooo happy! Great work as usual!

Candace Jeffery Photography said...

I love the shot on the charger!!!

Katie Slater Photography said...

Beautiful work Val!! I love the duck / yawn shot too. Totally perfect. :)

Valeen Thivierge said...

They are all just beautiful! My favorite is daddy with baby...her little fingers next to his...perfect. :) Thanks for sharing them with us.

Candice @ Jubilee Events said...

So cute!! I can't wait to have babies. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Val! Leon here from Colorati! Always looking to keep a pulse on what's going on in our industry!

My fave? The duck shot, hands down!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love the shot with the duck too!! Babies yawning are so cute. Great job, Val.

Read and See said...

I check out your blog all the time, but I'm a very bad commenter because I stalk waaaay too many blogs! Which is bad of me because I know how nice it is to get comments :-)

My favourite is the b & w one below the Duck shot. It's just incredibly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set of photos!!

Ashley Rose said...

Thanks for the blog love =) I adore these photos! I just love how her eyes pop ;) so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the baby and the duck. It's brilliant! I am a photographer out of Lynchburg, VA and I subscribe to your blog. Your work is great, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

+1 Lovin' the duck/yawn shot!!! So stinkin cute

Anonymous said...

Val, these are all awesome shots! I really like the one of her in the bowl on the dresser, and of course the yawning duck one was too cute! Great work as always hun! :)

Anonymous said...

How ADOARABLE!!!! I really like the first one!! :)

Jason and Maggie Henriques said...

Great Work, I love the baby and ducky, so cute. I really love your slide shows now too!!

Feuza said...

Wow- girl! these baby ones are amazing! luv the new look of the website and blog- how have you been?

Rosie said...

Great work Valeria, would love some ideas for Alexi's grad pics! Yep graduation 06/05/09.

jorden chris said...

One of the best Professional Photo Editing Services by www.photocleans.com

Joepet Macariola said...

You have a great pictures there.

My favorite pictures there are the pictures of baby with mom and dad.

Too cool to watch

Keep it up.
Love to see more post from you.

If you have a time to visit our website,
you can visit it on http://www.photoeditingcompany.com